The Spring Season is here!
It has been a productive, busy week at “Reading”:- The Rae Friedman Bowls tournament has started, we welcomed the Nomads to “Reading”, there were lots of functions and our new roof on the patio was erected in just 5 days.
The patio roof looks fantastic. This is a fully automated roof with rain sensor. A BIG word of thanks to Dirk Grobler from Raceview Motors for this. The amount of people enjoying the patio has increased dramatically. The Friday Night Draw had about 10 people in the bar. Everyone else was outside!
This week is another bumper week at the Club!
• Firstly, the Donkey Derby this Friday (22nd). Ticket sales are going well. Cost is just R50 which covers delicious Spaghetti Bolognaise, Salad and Rolls. You can sponsor a race, buy a horse or place bets. Tables are still available and don’t forget that if you are not 8 people, just chat to Heather and she will find space for you. It is a wonderful evening and big fun for the whole family, so bring your friends and family along on Friday. Bookings still available with Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 076 972 1551.
• St. Francis of Assisi Anglican Church host their 30th consecutive annual golf day on Thursday. Dave Ford runs this day every year, should you require any information.
• Brelko, also great supporters of the Club, host their annual golf day on Friday. The field is full, so we have arranged for Members to play at Glenvista at Member Rates.
• As mentioned last week, the Spring Party is on 5th September with live music by Dave Begg, “Flower Power” theme fancy dress to all who would like to dress up and prizes for best dressed.
• The Barn Dance with line dancing and an instructor to show us the ropes is on 26th September. “Reading” has plenty of avid line-dancers so whether you do this regularly or not, it’s another super fun evening. Diarize now.
The Halfway House is coming on nicely. Tiling is scheduled for Sunday/Monday, followed by other finishing touches. Thanks for your patience with project and a big word of thanks to our ladies for their financial assistance.
Have a great week and if you have nothing to do over the weekend, come and watch the rugby, English football or just relax on the magnificent covered patio and enjoy a lazy sundowner or two. It is the BEST time of the year as Spring begins. (Liverpool vs Man City on Sunday promises to be a cracker as does the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa). See you all here.